- Special formats
- VINO NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO DOCG 1.5L
Category: Special formats.
VINO NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO DOCG 1.5L
Grapes used: Prugnolo Gentile (80%), Merlot ( 10%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%)
Refining, maturing: 18 months in Allier oak casks and in Allier barriques, 10 months in bottle.
- Colour: Rubyred, bright and strong.
- Bouquet: intense and fragrant, with clear-cut fruity notes of raspberry, sweet violet and blackberry, followed byvanilla and coffee.
- Flavour: Soft and velvety at first, the acidity is well balanced and in harmony with the alcohol and the tannins, the latter are present but not aggressive.
A wine of substantial body and structure, it has great character and is highly suitable for ageing.
- Serve at: About 64°F.
- Goes well with: flavoursome traditional pasta courses, game, well matured cheeses and seasoned meats.